Can we see a day where there will be Christianity without Christ and a Religion without God? Well it’s here.
Word of Faith teachings (WOF) has for the most part been discredited and exposed for the heresy it is. However we are beginning to see another movement arising which has many of the elements of WOF but it is not WOF. Many years ago a man called Napoleon Hill wrote a book called “Think and grow rich”. Napoleon is regarded as a cult figure by many American writers involved in writing books on the subject of success in personal life. His original thesis started as way back in 1928, with Philosophy of Achievement. Later distilled into The Law of Success and eventually his ideas were published as the book we all recognise, Think and grow rich.
Another book of hills was “Success through a Positive Mental Attitude”, finally Hill was to breathe his last in 1970, and his last book “You Can Work Your Own Miracles” was published after his death.
Norman Vincent Peale
Norman Vincent Peale became another writer of how to succeed in life
Norman Vincent Peale died on 12/24/93 at the age of 95. He wrote more than 46 books during his lifetime. His most popular book, The Power of Positive Thinking, was written in 1952 and has sold more than 20 million copies in 41 languages
In the simplest premise is the belief that through ones own mental thinking the average man can become a success.
Today we see the resurgence of this same teaching which has been clocked in Christian terminology. The people involved refer to themselves by Clerical terms as prophets and bishops. They have clocked this philosophy in hyper terminology but it is still this think and grows rich mentality.
One of Norman Vincent Peale’s most “successful” protégés is Robert Schuller. (On Schuller’s 1000th Anniversary television show [The Hour of Power, aired on 4/2/89], Schuller’s son said of Peale that he was “responsible for dad’s possibility thinking. Although Schuller has recently retired as pastor of the Crystal Cathedral church, his positive thinking philosophy is still out there influencing people.
These are just three of the more well new age gurus to influence the church in the last 100 years. While two have died and met their unrighteous end. The philosophies and ideas which they created have evolved. They continue to inspire a new generation of teachers. Who have peddled unrighteousness as truth. Cloaked in a veneer of religiosity.
The Master Prophet
The master prophets as he likes to refer to himself also known as Bishop E. Bernard Jordan. I can only assume he likes to be called by that name because everyone else looks to him for their guidance and wisdom on his new age philosophies. Bernard Jordan originally came to light on ETPW selling SOAP. The tile of which is called the Prophetic Awareness Soap
- This is a great way to start your day and bring you the confidence you need to stand before those whom you need to face. Walk in the confidence that has been given to you by God Almighty as you bathe with this soap, know that you are becoming more aware and spiritually guarded, so that you can meet life’s challenges. This is a soap that helps bring protection and give you a greater ability to function with greater intuition and insight. Remember, according to your faith, so be it done unto you. Saponified Oils of Palm, Coconut, Olive, Lemongrass Essential Oil and Rosemary Extract.
However the altogether clean Bishop with a thing for soap has created a seminar course , along with a number of books on the subject which is as bizarre as their names.
- Written Judgement
- Science of Prophecy
- Law of Thinking
- Cosmic Economics
Very much like WOF these courses often are based around Laws which can lead to success. Also like WOF this is nothing more than another money spinner for those who teach it.
- THE PROPHET by Bernard Jordan
- There is a vast difference between a person who speaks a prophetic word and one who is anointed, appointed, and ordained to the governmental office of a Prophet or Prophetess. There is a way to discern the prophet of God from the prophet of Baal; or the genuine from the counterfeit. The role of the prophet must be accepted and respected so that every member of the Body of Christ may find his or her place and step into position in God’s army. The office of the Prophet is ordained of God as indicated in Ephesians 4:11
Here Jordan tries to answer the “question what is a prophet” , As you can see he does not actually give an answer.
Bernard teaches” role of the prophet must be accepted” Where is that in scripture?
Does this so called prophet uplift Jesus? No he actually places himself like some pope in the central complex of a new religion. We can only function if we come under his ministry. The role of the prophet is NO way accepted on a precocious blind basis.
- 1Ti 4:1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
- Deu 18:22 When a prophet speaketh in the name of the LORD, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that [is] the thing which the LORD hath not spoken, [but] the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him.
The Bible makes it quite clear that if a prophet speaks and what he says does not come to pass 100% then he is a false prophet. Or if what that prophet speaks and even if that prophecy comes to pass and then says let us go and worship other gods. Do not listen to that man. As we have seen he not only cannot answer his own question but he is also a false teacher.
THE INNER CIRCLE:
Bernard Jordan has what could be called an inner circle. Here are a couple of them.
Prophetess Mary Jordan
writes in her profiles:
- Another workshop that I will be teaching during Prophecology Aug 2006
The Power of Thought
The scriptures declare that “As a man thinketh in his heart, so is he” You don’t even have to vocalize our thoughts. The very thought you’ve been nurturing in the recesses of your mind will manifest itself through the circumstances of your life.Prophetic Principle: “Your thoughts are the creators of your world”
- Hello, I am Prophetess Mary Jordan… I am a Class Master in POME, “The Prophetic Order of Mar Elija h”, and also one of the teachers in the order. I love to teach, I love wisdom… and I love the teaching and message being proclaimed by Master Prophet E. Bernard Jordan and the Company of Prophets.
Like all success seminars hidden wisdom becomes the basic belief . And what you THINK can make you a success. Although they claim titles such a prophets, where in the Bible does it teach “the power of thought”, clearly it does not. However they take one scripture and stretched it for all its worth.
Pro 23:7 For as he thinketh in his heart, so [is] he: Eat and drink, saith he to thee; but his heart [is] not with thee.
- Pro 23:5-7 Wilt thou set thine eyes upon that which is not? for [riches] certainly make themselves wings; they fly away as an eagle toward heaven. Eat thou not the bread of [him that hath] an evil eye, neither desire thou his dainty meats: For as he thinketh in his heart, so [is] he: Eat and drink, saith he to thee; but his heart [is] not with thee.”
By taking the first part of this verse they can twist it to make it appear that just by thinking man can make himself rich and prosperous. However within the right context the verse says the very opposite to which they claim. Riches take wings and fly away. Eat not with someone who is a wicked man Therefore. What this wicked man says with his mouth is not what he is thinking with his heart. While he may speak soothing words to you he is anything but a ravenous wolf.
Prophetess Mary Jordan continues:
- Pre-Birth Prophetic Messenger
- Before we were actually born we were all in God. We knew God, and we were a part of God. Before we came to earth, God put certain skills inside of us. Now we must fulfill our assigned function in the earth. When we got here we forgot what it is all about, so in this hour, God is re-opening our memories. We’re getting our memories back.
- Prophetic Principle #5 says, “You must change what you are accepting in your present environment.”
“Before we were born we actually were all part of God.” Where is that in the Bible?
Now what do we then do with such negative statements as
- Rom 3:10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:
- Rom 3:11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.
- Rom 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
If we were all a part of God then that would mean that God is a sinner . Not only that but God becomes more than a triune being. It would also make us all GODS. This is again where WOF is going. Man becomes his own class of God. However in this case Mary Jordan says we are God. We just forgot that part. Lets see God sent us here and the first thing we did is forget! then God has to help make us remember what we forget. So if we are God omnipresent all-knowing omniscient we came to earth and promptly forgot who we are. Hmm. Can I fall of my seat now with laughter. The God who forgets who he is.!!!! That not my God. It might be these bimbo god but the only time my God forgets is when he forgives and cleanses us from our sins.
Another prophet says :
- Another workshop that is featured during Prophecology in Aug 2006
- The Laws of Transformation
In Romans 12:2, it says, be not conformed to this world” In the King James Version, Be not conformed to this age. Be not conformed to the system, the arrangement of things. The transformation is only a myth and a mystery. You got to “let” to “be”, and to choose to be transformed by the renewing of your mind. And we understand that when it comes to the area of mind, that the only thing that changes mind is the Law. Prophetic Principle: “Keeping the commandments causes you to know the commander”
Again by using scripture completely out of context they can appear to be Christian without having Christ. There is nothing in either of these statements where Christ is mentioned.
Keeping the commandments causes us to know the commander, the question is what commander? For there is no righteousness by trying to keep the law. These men are not saved or they would now something of their Bible.
- Rom 10:3 For they being ignorant of God’s righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.
- Gal 2:21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness [come] by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.
- Phl 3:9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:
AS these people believe that they can create their own reality then they must believe that it is an easy thing to live by the commandments.. Sadly they can’t. If they can’t then they do not know the true commander of men’s souls. Inevitable hell is where these false prophets are going because they reject the truth for a lie.
IT WOULD BECOME CLEAR THAT MAN IS NOT JUST HIS OWN GOD BUT ALSO HIS OWN SAVIOUR. SO FAITH IN GOD HAS VERY LITTLE TO DO WITH THIS RELIGION.
Like the WOF man becomes the central theme in his own salvation. By saying Your thoughts are the creators of your world. It would become clear that man is not just his own god but also his own saviour. So faith in God has very little to do with this religion.
Bernard Jordan in a video entitled 1 of 6: Mentoring and the Art of Spiritual Protocol Teaching – Master Prophet E. Bernard Jordan
Describes how Moses unable to pastor such a crowd of people was given the responsibility to anointing seventy members of the elders of Israel. God would place the same spirit that was on Moses and anoint these seventy elders. Now comes the twist
- Num 11:25 And the LORD came down in a cloud, and spake unto him, and took of the spirit that [was] upon him, and gave [it] unto the seventy elders: and it came to pass, [that], when the spirit rested upon them, they prophesied, and did not cease.
- Num 11:29 And Moses said unto him, Enviest thou for my sake? would God that all the LORD’S people were prophets, [and] that the LORD would put his spirit upon them!
The Spirit that was on Moses was the Holy Spirit. However it was not Moses own spirit that these seventy elders received but the Holy Spirit. Nor did these seventy elders begin to act and think like Moses. Now in Bernard Jordan’s teaching he begins to teach his congregation. The difference between receiving the Holy Spirit and the LEADERS SPIRIT. “HE TALKS ABOUT THE TRANSFERENCE OF SPIRIT” Like all good sales men there is always that subtle twisting of scripture. For Jordan then says THE SPIRIT WAS GIVEN TO ASSIST MOSES AND NOT TO CHALLENGE HIM. In this seminar he then tells the congregation to turn and ask the person next to them. “DO YOU HAVE THE SPIRIT OF YOUR LEADER”
Notice he has immediately changed the sermon to get his congregation to look to Jordan as the leader. Hence the name “Master prophet” There is nothing in Jordan’s sermon that says look to Jesus as your leader.
- Hbr 12:2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of [our] faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.
Here comes the twist
Jordan says that God told Moses to select the seventy. That is correct. However Jordan twists this to mean that he will select his seventy. However in the New Testament that has change. The Bible says that the Holy Spirit is now the one who selects those who he considers for ministry. Those he selects he will give gifts as he wills and as he empowers. (1 Cor 12)
- Word of wisdom to a brother… you only like to be around people who is solving a problem in your life.. Notice the individuals you hang out with.. you only like to hang around with individuals solving a problem in your life… otherwise if you are not solving a problem in my life…otherwise if you are not solving a problem in my life…Then they are creating a problem in your life. Everyone say with me. I am either solving a problem in my local church or I am creating one Amen. You go to a lawyer because you want him to solve a problem… You enter a relationship because you want to solve a problem in your life… If it is not solving a problem it is creating a problem in your life… (Moses and the seventy) Transference of spirit that was upon Moses went upon the seventy… and let me say this that the result was a spontaneous outburst of prophesy…they all began to prophesy….as an indication they had received spirit of LEADER…. Look to bottom of page 83 read (lady reads from a book) When we receive the spirit of our mentor leader, we are able to do what the leader does..to a degree.
- Jordan goes on to say “When we receive the spirit of your mentor or the spirit of your leader, you are able to move in the strength of spirit of that leader…. Let me share something else we have had individuals in our local church that mimic everything that seem needed to be done… They were like robots but they could not function without an order….. otherwise when you have the spirit of your leader you begin to think like them… you begin to make decisions like them. When you have the spirit of your leader…When you have the spirit of you leader he does not need to tell….”
This is so twisted it is hard to know where to starts. This is not Christianity in any disguise. This represent what you can call an oversize EGO .
To teach that is you are if not solving MY PROBLEMS YOU ARE CREATING ONE. What a nerve. This guy wants blind obedience to one man and Jesus did not come anywhere in this sermon. In fact I don’t think the name of Jesus was even mentioned. He subtly changes things from Gods spirit to the leaders spirit (Himself), otherwise he is taking the place of the Holy Spirit in the lives of his congregation. He comes the prize cabbage “ Anyone who receive the spirit of your mentor, leader (JORDAN) you are able to move in the strength of that leader (himself) Where is the scripture to back that up. There was no scripture given. Now this means his congregation is then dependent on Jordan for spiritual transference guidance and such like and not the Holy Spirit.
We are to become like Christ and as such we look to Jesus. It is the Holy Spirit we want not some transference from master Jordan. If he gets his hands on you could land up with any vile spirit, but I can guarantee it will not be the Holy Spirit.
Like all mystics and con artist there is always a connection to money.
- True wealth Jordan says is True wealth is a demonstration of the wisdom that resides within a mans mind. If you are able to think, strategize and plan. Your wealth will increase according to the proportion of your wisdom. True wealth is not determined by the amount of money a man has in his hands, but is measured by his ability to create more substance….As we begin to understand the vast dimensions of wealth. We realise that money is within. Money is a state of consciousness, for consciousness is the only currency, and currency is only consciousness
Otherwise according to this master prophet money is his god. Exactly the same as WOF. Except with Jordan he tries to couch his greed in some form of mystical cosmology.
Prophet Manasseh Jordan
Prophet Jordan is another one of Jordan’s disciples. I can’t be sure if he is related to Bernard Jordan.
However This Jordan is known as the young prophet because he started at the tender age of 8. This reminds me of another young prophet by the name of Marjoe. What makes this Jordan such an interesting specimen is that he has decided to take up where Benny Hinn has left behind?
Someone once said, Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. If this is true, then Benny Hinn must be certainly be happy with his newest protégé.
In the May 11, 2010 YouTube video below titled, It’s Time to Spread The Gospel Around the World: Prophet Manasseh Jordan, Manasseh:
- •pushes people (like Benny Hinn).
•calls people out of the audience (like Benny Hinn).
•blows into his microphone (like Benny Hinn).
•slings an “anointed” coat over the audience (like Benny Hinn).
•stands on a chair in the audience (like Benny Hinn).
•speaks in “tongues” but has to use a foreign language interpreter during a service (like Benny Hinn).
•uses God’s name in a derogatory manner stating, “My God! I feel the anointing here!” (like Benny Hinn).
•conditions gullible people and deceives them into believing what he does is of God (like Benny Hinn).
•serves a counterfeit “Christ” the Apostle Paul warned about in 2 Corinthians 11:3-4.
- And, like Benny Hinn, Manasseh Jordan does not have the Biblical gift of healing. His “god” forgot to “heal” people wearing eyeglasses.
- 3 John 1:11 Beloved, follow not that which is evil, but that which is good. He that doeth good is of God: but he that doeth evil hath not seen God.
Remember what Bernard Jordan teaches. If you have the transference of your leader spirit you will be able to do what you leader or mentor does. So Manasseh Jordan is just mimicking what his mentor is doing. Except this mentor is a false teacher, false prophet and down right all round scoundrel. Now I have no doubt that the whole lot are demons possessed to the toenails.
Now those who have contributed to this new think and grow rich mentality. Whose theology is absolutely New Age and Christ less in its content represent a new wave of apostasy that may eventually supersede the WOF teachers. That is a pretty hard mantle to do, but I have no doubt they will be positive and try.